zum Inhalt springen


view of Hurden Way of St. James Chapel of the Holy Trinity (1497)


Hurden, originally a fishing village, was first mentioned in 1229 and is now part of the municipality of Freienbach in the canton of Schwyz. The late Gothic Chapel of Our Lady was dedicated in 1497. Like the inns, the chapel primarily served pilgrims on their way to Einsiedeln.